Whirlwind of Fire

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Vapidness of the mall

Sitting here in the mall, the most recent pop hits playing in the background. Your Taylor Swifts, your Justin Biebers. Nothing you haven't heard before. But set against the mass consumerism of the mall, their intrinsic vapidness really set the tone of the place. 

Everything I have on me, I bought at a mall. A very small percentage of what I own is locally made, or pre-owned. I do indeed worship consumerism, and I bow at its feet with my money. 

It's just that they make it so easy! More or less universal sizes, non-offensive styles, and the pure availability of it. It's so easy and it takes the thinking out of it. We are all slowly being assimilated into one person, wearing one set of clothes. 

We are the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world. George Orwell was right. You don't even need a Big Brother. We can just merge into one giant non-thinking body of mass on our own. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home