Whirlwind of Fire

Thursday, December 12, 2013

For the record

In terms of my obsessions facebook is way up there on the list.  I check it every other hour and I keep it on a separate tab if I go online, just so I can creep incessantly.  Almost like a sickness, you can say.  But that is just the nature of obsessions, I guess.  

The reason why I have been obsessed with facebook is that it's all so encompassing.  Friends, pictures, conversations, fandoms, memories, the list goes on.  And the longer you use it, the more investment you put in, the harder it is to leave it.  A cruel cycle that just goes on and on, and traps you in it with its sweet sweet jagged teeth and claws.

This is not a lament of any nature, merely an observation.  I am completely content with the way my life has been taken over by facebook and am not at all intending to do anything about it.  The status quo must be maintained.  The balance of the universe must be maintained.  Mrs Hudson leave Baker Street?! England would fall.

Yes, Sherlock reference.

So I put a few pictures from last night that I took from the trolley karaoke caroling tour, and I wrote little poems to go with them.  I would like to put them here so I can obsess about them further.  And just one for the record, I sometimes get literary like that.  


On ze trolley we shall sing,
Until your ears start to ring. 
If you don't want to sing with us,
Then you can go ride another bus.


Trees bright, twinkle lights,
Children everywhere. 
Dr Waffle, Sin City Donuts,
Dancing gnomes in the air.


Peering into a 
Giant
Wooden
Ball. 

Seeing more
Tiny
Fairy
Lights.

As if
The colors
The music
Are condensed

Into one
Giant
Wooden
Ball.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home